Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Cartoon effects, part of Sapphire for Video Editors.
- [Instructor] The cartoon effect…is a popular effect from Sapphire's Stylized category.…I'm here in my Chapter 4_6 sequence from my Chapter 4 bin.…You can find that in the exercises bin,…and there's two clips in this, and we're just going to…play around with the cartoon effect.…So, in your Effects tab,…you can press Shift + 7 to bring that up,…just going to type in s_cartoon.…You've got two stylized cartoon effects.…We're interested in s_cartoon.…Just here, with the s_cartoon showing up,…you can see that it essentially adds a series of outlines…and a kind of color look to this clip.…
If we go into our Effects Controls,…you can, of course, load a present…and see from all these various types of color looks.…Some of them are just stylized looks…with outlines or edge detection lines on these clips,…and once you find one that you like,…which is a sepia postcard, we can load this…into Premiere Pro and see how that looks.…The really cool thing with this is we can play,…of course, with the edge width of the cartoon,…
- Getting started with Sapphire
- Essential parameters
- Working with presets
- Adding transitions
- Creating photo-realistic lens flares
- Adding backgrounds and textures
- Building custom effects
- Working with Mocha
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: LUTs and Look Fileswith Richard Harrington1h 30m Appropriate for all
Premiere Pro Guru: Closed & Open Caption Workflowswith Jeff I. Greenberg45m 34s Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Up and Running with Sapphire
2. Using Sapphire Transitions
Build your own transition8m 19s
3. It's All about the Lighting
4. Blur, Beauty, Stylize, and Distort
5. Backgrounds and Textures
6. Unleashing Sapphire
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.