Join Nick Harauz for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying Light Leaks, part of Sapphire for Video Editors.
- Let's take a look at S light leaks.…Here in my effects tab, just located up here on the top,…right-hand corner, cause' I am in my effects workspace,…I'm going to do a search for S, underscore lights,…get a few lighting effects…and if i actually select my clip here,…in the timeline and then double-click the effect,…you can see the light leak is applied…and it creates this lovely popular,…light leak effect across your clip.…With my clip select, I'm going to press Shift 5…to go into effect controls…and I want to draw your attention, of course, to just maybe,…to a little bit of searching here with presets.…
If you load a preset specifically with light leaks,…I would recommend rather than preview on source at first,…just to preview on black, cause' you'll get a sense…of what is actually on top of your clip.…So, you can see here, this is the default.…Colors that are play, they're pretty fast moving.…If I start to use my arrow keys here, the right arrow,…I'm able to just cycle between all of the various types…of light leaks that are available to me.…
- Getting started with Sapphire
- Essential parameters
- Working with presets
- Adding transitions
- Creating photo-realistic lens flares
- Adding backgrounds and textures
- Building custom effects
- Working with Mocha
Skill Level Intermediate
Premiere Pro Guru: LUTs and Look Fileswith Richard Harrington1h 30m Appropriate for all
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Up and Running with Sapphire
2. Using Sapphire Transitions
Build your own transition8m 19s
3. It's All about the Lighting
4. Blur, Beauty, Stylize, and Distort
5. Backgrounds and Textures
6. Unleashing Sapphire
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.