Learn how to obtain 10 free Salesforce licenses if you're operating a qualified nongovernmental organization (NGO).
- [Narrator] In my opinion, Salesforce is a really extraordinary company. Since their inception, Salesforce has made a substantial commitment to philanthropy by offering their Customer Relationship Management software also known as CRM to qualified NGOs at no cost for the first 10 users. This means that nonprofits and educational institutions are offered powerful, beneficial software that improves the process of interacting with donors, supporters, volunteers and team members.
Salesforce.org is the portal for nonprofits who use Salesforce. The Salesforce.org team surveyed 1,500 adults who had donated or volunteered at nonprofit organizations to understand the current state of giving and how supporters interact with nonprofit groups. 65% of donors would give more money if they felt that the nonprofit knew them better and 80% of donors and volunteers felt that nonprofits they supported didn't know enough about them as people.
Salesforce allows NGOs to engage with team knowledge and better awareness of their donor and supporter base. And here's what nonprofits using Salesforce have said. 84% said Salesforce improved their ability to achieve their missions. 86% said they substantially improved efficiency and 74% said that they use Salesforce as part of their strategic effort. The Power of Us Program offers 10 donated Enterprise Sales or Service Cloud subscriptions to qualified NGOs in the nonprofit and education sectors.
Grants are guaranteed for IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations, higher education institutions, K through 12 nonprofit schools and fiscally sponsored organizations that are contractually aligned with another nonprofit recognized charity. An active trial is required to apply for a grant which means that you'll need to sign up for a nonprofit or higher education version of Salesforce before making your grant application. You'll also need to acknowledge executive approval from your organization's leadership, provide your tax ID and a copy of your 501(c)(3) letter.
Educational organizations will need to provide a signed approval letter from an authorized person and donations are limited to 10 user accounts per tax ID number. We've now covered the Power of Us Program and the possibilities it offers NGOs. Once you've made the decision to move forward, you'll be ready to sign up for a free trial and apply for the grant.
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards