Christopher explains how to begin using Quip to produce living documents and collaborate with other people on that document.
- [Instructor] Quip's simple mission is to change…the way that people work together.…Quip cures email addiction by combining communication…and writing into a single user experience so that…teams can work together without going back to an inbox.…Versions are replaced with edit history…and documents are up-to-date in real-time.…Quip calls these living documents.…Let's launch a new living document.…First of all, we'll need to be at our team's site page URL.…Now we're signed in and we'll go ahead and click on…this icon on the right hand side, this is what we use…to make a new document.…
And we'll go ahead and click on new document.…We're organizing a going away party for a team member…so let's give this document an appropriate name.…Now let's go ahead and start typing.…When writing in sections let's use this pull-down to format.…Paragraph text is the default and when you change the format…type, the informative icon changes as well.…Let's use a bulleted list to indicate…when and where this event takes place.…Next, we'll go ahead and use a medium heading.…
- What is Quip?
- Setting up a new Quip account
- Producing living documents
- Using Quip to reduce emails and meetings
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Using Markdown to quickly format Quip documents
- Collaborating with Quip
- Using the Quip desktop app and mobile app
- Importing your files and connecting to cloud services