Learn how to set up groups, and review some examples of how to use the Salesforce Chatter tools.
- [Instructor] A group is a set of users…and can include team members and external Chatter users,…plus other groups or the users in a specific territory…or role.…There are public groups,…and anyone in the organization can use a public group.…A popular way to use this type of group,…would be for instance, a company carpool program.…Then there's private groups…to limit communication between specific users…including Chatter only users.…And there are unlisted groups…that aren't visible unless you're a member of the group.…Broadcast only groups are used for announcements…where the group members aren't allowed to post or reply.…
We'll need to be signed in,…and we're starting at the Home tab.…So we'll go ahead and click on groups,…and then over here on the right hand side, we'll click new.…Now I'll give my group a name,…and a brief and meaningful description.…Here's an optional area that allows you…to type information about he group…such as posting rules, group instructions,…or moderator contacts.…
Now, I'm set up as the group owner by default,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.