Join Chris Mattia for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need to know, part of Salesforce for Small Business.
- SalesForce IQ CRM or simply IQ is a web-based application that's been designed to help you capture, organize, and analyze your customer relationship data in order to make you more effective at winning more sales. Now this course has been deigned for small business owners and growing sale teams who are looking to grow their business by becoming more effective at building relationships with your customers, and creating accurate sales forecasts. To follow along with this course, you're going to need to set up an account on SalesForceIQ.com.
You can follow along using the free 14 day trial account, but you will need to have a Google Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, or an Office 365 account to set that account up with. We'll cover the details of setting up your IQ account in a later movie. I'd also suggest using the Chrome web browser when working in IQ in order to take advantage of the tight integrations Salesforce has made with Chrome. You can get a copy of the Chrome browser at Google.com/Chrome.
For this course, we're going to focus on learning the basics of IQ. So no matter which license you get, starter, growth, or business, this is the place that you'll want to start. SalesForceIQ is a live database that will connect with your email account and track your business and customer data. Therefore, I've not included any exercise files with this course so that your real business account doesn't get populated with any made-up test data that I've created.
I'd suggest watching through each movie then follow along by entering your own customer data. IQ will automatically begin tracking all of your email exchanges from the primary email account you connect to it. So be sure to only use your real business account for your IQ account and not a personal email address. For practicing some of the interactions with a customer, you may want to create a free Google Gmail account for fictitious customer that you can interact with via email.
Again, I would encourage you to avoid using your personal email address for these exchanges as well. Now I built this course so that you and your entire sales team could quickly work straight through it from start to finish. Then, go back and reference individual movies to cover specific details as you need them.
- Creating a SalesforceIQ CRM account
- Adding team members
- Creating contacts and accounts
- Editing profiles
- Creating and customizing lists
- Using the stream view
- Scheduling tasks and meetings
- Creating event and meeting logs
- Creating filters
- Running reports