What's the difference between Desk.com and Salesforce Service Cloud? In this video, learn about who should use Desk.com and who is a good fit for Service Cloud.
- What you need to know. Salesforce has two customer service platforms, Desk.com and Service Cloud. So, how are they different? Well, Desk.com is perfect for businesses that are case-centric. Requests for customer service usually involve single problems, rather than interconnected issues. It's great for small to medium-sized businesses. Service Cloud is great for businesses that are account-centric. For these businesses, customer service agents need a full view of the customer, with the information pulled from many different parts of the company, such as marketing, product management, contracts, order management, or billing data.
But to really simplify it, and when you factor in pricing, I would say Desk.com is great for small to medium-size businesses. I for example, use Desk.com for my own small business and I was able to implement it all by myself in just a few hours. So, which one do you choose? Well, the good news is that Service Cloud is a more enterprise-level support desk that's more appropriate for large companies who have larger budgets and a larger support team. The great news is that both are owned by the same company.
If you start with Desk.com, you can always upgrade to Service Cloud at a later date, and you won't have to move all your data. Now if you want to find out more specifically about Service Cloud, you should check out my class Salesforce for Customer Service, which specifically covers the Service Cloud product and functionality.
- Navigating Desk.com
- Setting up users
- Adding social channels
- Capturing data with custom fields
- Configuring business rules
- Using macros to set rules and labels
- Managing private access to your help desk
- Measuring your success with data and business insights