CPQ is used to create quotes and pricing. Learn about the different versions—like Classic and Lightning—and how CPQ integrates with Salesforce.
- [Instructor] Before we get going there are a few things you need to know. Salesforce CPQ is a completely customized product based on your company, your products, and your pricing rules. This is a highly customizable platform, so what you see on my screen may be slightly different than your screen, and that's okay. Salesforce has multiple editions and two different interfaces. There's the Classic Experience shown here, which is the original Salesforce interface. And the newer Lightning edition, which I'll show you right here.
For this course, we will be using the Lightning edition but all of the functionality still works in Classic so don't worry if you're using that version. The next thing you need to know is that there are three different versions of CPQ: CPQ, CPQ+, and CPQ+ Billing. You can see the details here on the Salesforce web site. The version you pick depends on your needs. If you need to have billing integrated, for example, you will need to get the CPQ+ Billing edition. That's this one.
The important thing to know is that CPQ is completely integrated within Salesforce, and the version that you use will be completely unique to your company. So all of your customer data, internal rules, and pricing are all in one place, which makes generating proposals quicker and easier. That said, we won't go through some of the details of how CPQ works because, well, it would be a little bit different for everyone. What we will do here is go through a list of the things that Salesforce CPQ allows you to do and why you might want those functionalities.
We'll make sure that you're familiar with the software so that the setup of your particular CPQ goes quickly and you'll be up and running in no time.
- What's CPQ for Salesforce?
- Advantages of using CPQ for quotes and pricing
- Determining if someone is a good candidate for using CPQ
- How quotes work in CPQ
- Adding products
- Creating pricing bundles in CPQ
- Generating pricing
- Applying discounts