Join Christine V Pereira for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Salesforce and why do I need It?, part of Learning Salesforce.
- [Narrator] I've been using Salesforce for over 15 years, and in that time, Salesforce has really transformed as a company. When I first started using Salesforce, it was a fairly simple CRM system. But Salesforce has grown, acquired quite a few companies, and now serves a very wide variety of industries and really allows users to manage all of their data in one area. Now they call it a Customer Success Platform which is really way beyond CRM. But if you look at their website, their core business is still CRM or Customer Relationship Management.
So I'm gonna explain what that means and why it's valuable to you in this video. So first of all, what is CRM? As I mentioned before, CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. But what does that mean? So I'd like to break it down and say it's really managing customer relationships, or to make it even more simple, keeping track of your current and future customers. So if you work in sales and you're not using a CRM system, you're probably keeping track of all of the data that you have in all different places, in a really complicated spreadsheet, you might have some information in a calendar system, some information in an address book.
And what Salesforce does is they really take all of that data and all of those systems and combine it in one place. So to give you an example, you can see right here that you could see a visual representation of a pipeline. Right here you can see all of your Salesforce information on desktop and in mobile. And you can see really effective sales forecasting and management. So what that boils down to is spending less time working in spreadsheets and more time actually selling.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Navigating Salesforce
- Setting up your profile
- Creating accounts
- Adding contacts and leads
- Converting leads into opportunities
- Logging tasks, meetings, and activities
- Running a search
- Monitoring your dashboard
- Customizing reports