Learn about CPQ (configure, price, quote) and learn how it works with Salesforce.
- [Instructor] What exactly is CPQ for Salesforce, anyway? CPQ stands for Configure, Price, and Quote. The easiest way to explain this is to give a simple example. Let's say, for example, you are a software company that sells multiple licenses of multiple products to other companies. You have a variety of different products that can be sold in different bundles and you often give discounts to clients. When you bundle these products or provide discounts, you often have to get multiple approvals which can hold up the sales process.
CPQ enables you to create pricing rules and processes that you can automate the entire proposal and contract process. You can even do things like connect your contracts to an electronic signature program to make the entire process seamless. So the real value of CPQ is that it allows you to save time and makes your sales team more efficient during the closing process of the sale. This means your company collects revenue quicker than it did before.
- What's CPQ for Salesforce?
- Advantages of using CPQ for quotes and pricing
- Determining if someone is a good candidate for using CPQ
- How quotes work in CPQ
- Adding products
- Creating pricing bundles in CPQ
- Generating pricing
- Applying discounts