Use Salesforce and the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), free for nonprofits, to expertly manage donations, grants, and volunteers.
- [Christopher] Hi, I'm Christopher Matthew Spencer, and welcome to Nonprofit Customer Relationship Management with Salesforce. Salesforce is a popular cloud computing service that is delivered entirely over the internet. The brand's flagship CRM, the acronym for customer relationship management, is used by nonprofits in higher education organizations. In this course, I'll be using the term NGO, which means non-government organization. That is a not for profit organization that is independent from governmental organizations.
The name Salesforce might cause you to pause, since nonprofit organization generally don't consider themselves sales organizations. Now don't let the name dissuade you. Salesforce has a flavor of their word-class CRM that's tailored to the nonprofit world, and it helps NGOs with free software for up to 10 users, which is an extraordinary cost savings over what for profit organizations pay. In this course, I'm going to focus on helping NGOs with a meaningful discussion of how to get started with the Salesforce cloud computing ecosystem, and how to use this cloud CRM to accelerate donations, connect with volunteers, and catalyze the progress and success NGOs need.
This course will be relevant to any of the Salesforce clouds in additions. I'd like to inspire you to raise more funds, convey your message to more supporters in a more streamlined way. We'll talk about planning transition, customization, tracking tasks, and managing files. I'll then discuss how to measure the success that you've made. If you aren't already up and running with Salesforce, I'd recommend you opt in for a free trial so that you can follow along with me. Feel free to jump in and experiment and explore the free trial.
And with our hands-on approach, you'll be learning how to use Salesforce in no time. I've architected this course to help you work smarter, provide value to those you serve, and streamline what you do with Salesforce. With that in mind, let's get started.
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards