- [Instructor] Let's discuss views in this video.…A view is a standard or custom set of search conditions…that displays data from objects…that match the search criterion set in the view.…Now, data objects are displayed in columns…for easy review, and unlike a spreadsheet,…a view does not force you to present every field,…and it makes data review much easier.…Views allow you to filter, sort, and find records.…Now, I'll add a custom view to demonstrate…the flexibility of this tool, so let's go ahead and do that.…
We need to be signed in first of all,…and we're starting at the Home tab.…Let's go ahead and click on the Leads tab right here,…and this shows us recently viewed leads.…Now we'll go over here to this section,…which is the pull-down menu, it's for list view controls.…Now, keep in mind, this gear cog icon…should not be confused with the gear cog icon…up a little higher, which is the one we use for setup.…Then we'll go ahead and click New,…and then we'll give this view a name.…We'll call it New Leads.…
A unique name auto-populates in the next field.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Explain Salesforce editions and cloud types.
- Describe Salesforce Chatter features.
- Outline the Salesforce access permission features.
- Summarize lead functionality in Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce assignment and escalation rules.
- Construct Salesforce objects using relationships and schemas.
- Demonstrate formatting and interactivity in Salesforce reports.
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.