Enforce the "qualified" status value for lead conversion with a validation rule.
- [Instructor] For this next video on Validation Rules,…we're going to be reviewing…how only a lead with the status Qualified,…can be converted.…So let's go to Lead Status.…And this is a really important one…because what you want to make sure,…is that all your teams have gone through all the processes…up to Qualified.…Now this is especially important, this is only B2C.…B2B will have two additional statuses,…so you really want to make sure…that this is implemented into your Org,…fact I would make this one of your first ones…that you implement as a Validation Rule.…Now, if I'm going to Working - Contacted,…and I'm a user, and I'm going to save this,…that means that if I'm working and it's Contacted,…and I don't move it to Converted,…I'm missing something here.…
So, I'm going to try and convert this,…so I'm going to show ya how the Validation Rule works.…Let's convert this.…And there's our error.…Validation error on Lead.…Only the Lead with status Qualified can be converted.…Please go to Lead Status and update value to Qualified.…
- Tracking leads, accounts, and contacts
- Defining a lead
- Preparing a Lead score threshold
- Lead channels
- Lead assignment rules
- Lead qualification status
- Lead record types
- Lead conversion mapping
- Lead source overview
- Validation rules
- Establishing a feedback loop
- Using AppExchange
- Merging duplicate records
Skill Level Advanced
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
Microsoft Dynamics 365 First Lookwith Gini von Courter19m 40s Beginner
1. Understanding Leads
2. Working with Leads
3. Managing Leads
4. Managing Your Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.