Enforce opportunity creation on lead conversion with a validation rule.
- [Narrator] This next video…is also validation rule video…and this one is going to be focused on…enforcing the opportunity creation…on lead conversion.…Let's pick any one here.…For this next video…I'm still focused on validation rules.…This one is going to be…how to enforce an opportunity creation…on lead conversion.…So, while I'm not focused…on the opportunity…for this course of lead management…it's still an important aspect on conversion.…Let me explain.…When we convert…let's go to our sheet here.…It takes us to Opportunity Name…and it gives us an option,…"Do not create a new opportunity upon conversion."…but here's the issue.…
When your teams go in here…and they're working with Sales Force…you want to set up standards…and when I ask you…"Why would you convert a lead…if you weren't going to create an opportunity…when the whole point…of converting a lead…is to create an opportunity for revenue?"…So, I would actually…put a validation rule…which will keep your standards more aligned…to the purpose of using Sales Force…as a sales tool.…
- Tracking leads, accounts, and contacts
- Defining a lead
- Preparing a Lead score threshold
- Lead channels
- Lead assignment rules
- Lead qualification status
- Lead record types
- Lead conversion mapping
- Lead source overview
- Validation rules
- Establishing a feedback loop
- Using AppExchange
- Merging duplicate records
Skill Level Advanced
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
Microsoft Dynamics 365 First Lookwith Gini von Courter19m 40s Beginner
1. Understanding Leads
2. Working with Leads
3. Managing Leads
4. Managing Your Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.