Enforce the lead source values with a validation rule.
- [Instructor] Okay folks, now that we have set…the lead management process baseline…it's time to set up some validation rules.…Validation rules are one of the key items…to enable you to keep your data clean.…So let's start right away.…One of the things that we're going to do first…for our validation rule, and there's going…to be a few of them, but the first one…I want to do is to enforce lead source…on lead conversion.…Now, before I do this I want to point out…that if you do not enforce the lead source…on lead conversion it will not flow through…to the opportunity which is standard out of the box.…So your sales reps may decide they don't want to…fill this in or it may have missed a point,…maybe sales did not put that into their website.…
So there's a lot of things you can do…to make sure that on conversion this ROI…manages to go all the way to the end…so marketing can go back to their data…on the reports and find out what lead source…was able to close which opportunities…or associated to certain opportunities.…
- Tracking leads, accounts, and contacts
- Defining a lead
- Preparing a Lead score threshold
- Lead channels
- Lead assignment rules
- Lead qualification status
- Lead record types
- Lead conversion mapping
- Lead source overview
- Validation rules
- Establishing a feedback loop
- Using AppExchange
- Merging duplicate records
Skill Level Advanced
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
Microsoft Dynamics 365 First Lookwith Gini von Courter19m 40s Beginner
1. Understanding Leads
2. Working with Leads
3. Managing Leads
4. Managing Your Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.