This video shows you how to customize the Desk.com look and feel to match your brand, including your logo, colors, and fonts.
- [Instructor] Most companies want their help desk to look similar to their website, and Desk.com allows you to customize the look and feel of the interface fairly easily using simple branding changes in the web themes editor. You can do things like add a header image, or use your companies colors and fonts. So let me show you where we can do that. We're going to navigate to the hamburger menu, the upper left, go to admin. We're goin to go to channels. And you'll see right here is web themes.
And there's the Desk.com default web themes. So you can edit this if you would like, or you can create a new theme. So let's create a new theme. I'm going to call this the Hansel and Petal theme because that's the name of the company. And you'll see it saved that, and it automatically opened up this window. So you'll see here I can add an image for my header. So I'm going to add this right here. I can add a Favicon if that's something that I have.
You'll see if I scroll down here I can customize the default font. Going to change that to Arial. I can change the size of it, and font size. So I'm going to make that a little bit bigger. I can change things like the background color, and the text. And I can change some other things down here. Now I can save and continue editing, because I added that logo and I made a few changes. And I can right away go up here to preview to see how it looks.
Now I can see this background does not work with my logo, so I'm going to go back, and I'm going to change that background color. Scroll down. And here's the header background. So I'm going to change that to white. Save and continue editing. I'm going to preview that again. So that looks much better. And that's what my customer support portal will look like to customers. Now I have a few other options, because this is the look and feel area. But I can also add integrations.
So here there's information about Twitter, and I guess some things have changed with the API. I can enable the company name here. So I'll put that in. And I'm going to hit save and continue editing. And then I can also customize the content. So you can also do some more advanced things here, and I'll show you a few more options. So you can put some HTML here, you can put your contact number and change the information.
You can put some page footer information if you want to put some copyright information. And you can use a custom CSS if that's something that you use. So we're going to save and continue editing. And again I can preview this to see how it looks now. And then there is the option for advanced themes. So in this advanced mode, you can make changes to the theme directly. So if you have a full time graphic designer, or someone who works on a website who wants to do this, they can absolutely do that in this area. So I'm going to hit cancel, and I'm going to hit update.
Now you'll see that Desk.com default is still the default theme, so if I want to activate this, all I need to do is click that button, and that's been activated. And again, I can clone this, or copy this at any time and use it. So that's a quick overview on how to update the look and feel using web themes in Desk.com
- Explain the process of setting up users.
- Describe the process for adding social channels.
- Summarize how custom fields enable you to capture more information and how to use them.
- Cite the benefits of using labels on cases and explain how to create them.
- Define notifications and describe how to automate them.
- Review the process for creating articles.