Christopher explains how to use the mentions feature within Quip. This includes mentioning other users within the team, mentioning documents, spreadsheets, and other elements for the workflow.
- [Instructor] The Quip app mentions feature…really showcases Quip's interactivity.…This feature is the secret superpower to closing more deals,…moving things forward, and getting stuff done.…Let's go ahead and open up a document.…I'll scroll down to my private folder here…and I'll open it and then I'll open this document right here…Marketing Manager Applications.…A mention begins with the at symbol,…so let's go ahead and make some room here in our document.…I'll put my mouse here…and I'll make some space…and then I'll start by typing the at symbol.…
First of all I want to mention one of my team members,…so I'll go ahead and mention their name…and then I'll type something.…So to Daniel I'll type a little note here.…Please see the applicants…first project,…which will be and then I'll use the at symbol again…and then I'll mention the name of the document.…So we'll start typing the name of the document.…I put a few characters in.…Here's the document right here…and I'll go ahead and select mention.…
There's the document.…
- What is Quip?
- Setting up a new Quip account
- Producing living documents
- Using Quip to reduce emails and meetings
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Using Markdown to quickly format Quip documents
- Collaborating with Quip
- Using the Quip desktop app and mobile app
- Importing your files and connecting to cloud services