How are macros used in the customer service process to create efficiency? This video explains how to use macros to set rules and labels with one click in order to label and change the status of cases in Desk.com.
- [Instructor] Macros are prebuilt workflows…that perform multiple actions with one click.…These actions include setting a case status, labels,…and inserting a pre-written response.…For example, you could create a macro…for cases related to login problems.…Whenever a customer contacts support…needing help logging in,…your macro will set a login problem label…and add a preset reply with instructions,…and set the case to resolved.…So let's look at where the macros live.…So we're going to navigate on the hamburger menu to admin.…
Going to go to cases.…And you'll see right here on the left,…the third one down is macros.…Now Desk has created some macros for you already.…You'll see those are in here,…and you can review those to see…if they're appropriate for you.…So let's add a macro.…So we're going to call this one login issues.…Going to click add.…And you'll see a little window pops up.…So we have a couple different options here.…We can organize our macros in folders.…
You'll see some folders that have already been created here.…
- Explain the process of setting up users.
- Describe the process for adding social channels.
- Summarize how custom fields enable you to capture more information and how to use them.
- Cite the benefits of using labels on cases and explain how to create them.
- Define notifications and describe how to automate them.
- Review the process for creating articles.