- [Instructor] Let's discuss a few basic points…about setting up users and data access.…Salesforce users adopt data access permission…from profiles and roles.…Visibility and data access is handled in four specific ways.…Users are provided access to the organization…through IP ranges and login hours.…Users are granted access to data records,…through profile permissions…and organization-wide default sharing settings.…
Roles and the role hierarchy is a way…to grant access to records,…when organization-wide defaults have been set up…to anything more restrictive than public read/right.…Field-level security controls highly sensitive data…that's not set to public read/right…and where access is granted to specific users.…Smaller organizations might allow everyone access…to all data,…while bigger teams need more complex sharing roles…that grand data access to the right people…and limit access to sensitive information.…
Let's create a role hierarchy within Salesforce…before adding users,…and then we'll apply these roles to all our new users.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Explain Salesforce editions and cloud types.
- Describe Salesforce Chatter features.
- Outline the Salesforce access permission features.
- Summarize lead functionality in Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce assignment and escalation rules.
- Construct Salesforce objects using relationships and schemas.
- Demonstrate formatting and interactivity in Salesforce reports.
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.