Learn about the basics of setting up and managing users within Salesforce.
- [Male Lecturer] Let's discuss a few basic points about…setting up users, and data access.…Salesforce users adopt data access permissions…from roles and profiles.…Visibility and data access is handled in four ways,…users are provided access to the organization…through IP ranges and login hours.…Users are granted access to data records…through profile permissions…and organization wide default sharing settings.…Roles, and the role hierarchy is a way to…grant access to records when organization wide defaults…have been set to anything more restrictive…than public read/write.…
Field-level security controls highly sensitive data…that is not set to public read/write,…and where access is granted to specific users,…small organizations might allow everyone access to all data…and bigger teams need more complex sharing rules…that grant data access to the right people,…and limit access to sensitive information.…First we'll need to be signed in,…and we'll start from the home tab right here,…then let's click on the gear cog icon here on the top right,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.