Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating records, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Narrator] Okay, let's talk about updating…multiple Salesforce records.…We'll look at a few different options for updating records.…If we'd like to change a small number of records,…we can use a List View to select multiple records…and then change them.…So let's go ahead and start by being signed in,…and we're beginning at the Home tab,…and we'll click on Leads.…Now what we see here is called a List View,…and in the List View, we can check a few records.…We can make a selection of, let's say, three records,…and then if we want to change the status of these leads,…I'm going to expand this column just a little bit,…just to show the lead status,…and then if I want to change the status,…I can click on the little pencil icon that's right here,…and then since I've selected three of the records,…it gives me this little checkbox here.…
So, let's go ahead and scroll over…so we can see the pull-down menu,…and we'll quickly change this from New to Nurturing,…and then we'll use this little checkbox…to apply that change to all three of the selected records.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.