This video explains best practices for setting up apps with Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- [Narrator] Salesforce apps should benefit your team…and provide them with the most useful and meaningful…way to access the data they need.…Let's briefly talk through some tips for apps…and how to engage your team.…When setting up an app, it's a good idea…to study an existing app so that you get some ideas…for making a new custom one.…You can access the apps from the app launcher…here on the top left hand side.…It's the tic tac toe or the waffle icon…that you see right here.…When we click on it, we can see…a list of the apps in the app launcher.…Let's go ahead and pick one of the apps,…which is the outside sales app.…
This is a custom app that I made.…Notice the branding and the color has changed.…Team members are likely to use tools…that are simple and friendly.…Since apps can be built without code,…it's a great idea to make apps…that suit groups of people,…and even individuals if their work is very specific.…An app that displays only one object, such as leads,…is helpful if the user is in sales,…and only works with leads and no other data.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Making apps
- Using the App Manager and Lightning App Builder
- Adding third-party components to app pages
- Upgrading a classic app
- Adding and managing app tabs
- Enhancing apps with custom objects
- Building apps for analytics and dashboards
- Testing apps in the Salesforce1 mobile experience
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Custom Reportswith Christopher Matthew Spencer54m 29s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
1. Understanding Salesforce Apps
2. Building Apps
3. Managing App Tabs
4. Enhancing Apps
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.