Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the app, part of Salesforce: LinkedIn Sales Navigator Integration.
- [Narrator] We've installed the widget, and we've configured it. We also have checked to make sure that our team has their LinkedIn Sales Navigator Seats, whether its Sales Navigator Team or Sales Navigator Enterprise, because otherwise, they won't be able to view the widget, and that includes me. This is why I need to have a team seat to really do the install and test the install. In order to see this is action, what we're going to do is go to one of our leads, our contacts, our opportunities, or companies in Salesforce.
And as you scroll down to the position where we place our section for the LinkedIn Member Profile or the LinkedIn Company profile, either one, you're going to click to sign in, and you would be prompted to sign in. Now, the problem is, for whatever reason, this isn't quite working. And I could go back and try to debug it, but before I do that, the first thing I'm going to do is test this again using a different browser. Here we are in Firefox, for example, and let's do exactly the same test.
Let's go back to our leads, let's look at Simon Lodine, scroll down, and this is what we expect to see. So I have an issue with how my app is running in Internet Explorer but I don't have an issue with it Mozilla Firefox. I would contact my Salesforce administrator, or if I'm the person setting this up, I would contact LinkedIn Support to find out more about this problem. But here I am, I'm ready to sign in to LinkedIn and allow access.
Notice that it's going to pull my profile information, click allow access. I have a connection because LinkedIn is prompting to find out which team I'm interested in connecting to. I'm on several different teams. That's a little bit unusual, you're probably only on one and would never see that prompt. And here we are. Here's Simon's information. Now, if I simply refresh this, here comes the member information about Simon and here comes the information about Simon's company.
Again, from LinkedIn, from Sales Navigator. Even though I have an issue with one specific browser, I don't have an issue with how Sales Navigator, Salesforce Integration App is working in general. I'm going to go on then and install CRM Sync. And we will be doing that in the next chapter.
- Viewing a lead or a contact's Sales Navigator information
- Working with accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce
- Viewing a company profile for an account
- Installing the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce app
- Testing the app