This video explains the importance of buy-in from the executive level to the volunteer level when deploying a Salesforce rollout. This video asks you to consider that the culture of data is a key component to a successful deployment of Salesforce.
- [Narrator] So you're considering moving…to Salesforce to manage what you do.…It's important to seek team buy-in…before using Salesforce as a meaningful platform…for your team, and here's why.…Many NGOs rely on help from volunteers…who aren't financially motivated…and may have different comfort levels with technology.…For members on teams who aren't tech-savvy or…simply don't want to connect with new technology…use paper systems and have an assigned…person to input the data later into Salesforce.…There's other challenges…most NGOs rely on donations and that often includes…older computer systems and software.…
Nonprofits need the latest technology…and not hand-me-downs.…Salesforce operates best on…newer equipment and fast internet.…Leadership must also take a proactive role in transition.…Nonprofit boards are made up of individuals…with varying viewpoints.…Leadership must be involved early…and should be 100 percent on board.…Here are some key points to share with leadership…and the team about the benefits of using Salesforce.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Customer Servicewith Christine Volden50m 43s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Salesforce
3. Working with Data
4. Tools for Success
5. Measuring Success
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.