Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Standard and custom fields, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Narrator] Let's check out standard…and custom fields in Salesforce.…Your Salesforce account comes with standard fields,…and you can also add custom fields as well,…which really is great because…it allows you unlimited data storage opportunities.…Let's look at some standard fields on leads.…First, we need to be signed into our Salesforce account…and, let's go ahead and click on the Leads tab right here,…and we'll select a lead,…let's pick the first one off the view here.…
And then let's go ahead and click on…details and scroll down.…Here's some of the standard fields that address…the most common data types,…and these come straight out of the box with Salesforce.…However, sometimes you need a little bit extra,…and let's go ahead and check out custom fields.…There are over two dozen different types of…custom fields, so it's important to select the correct type…for what you're doing, and I'll show you how this works.…
We'll go ahead and add a custom field to…our Salesforce account.…First what we want to do is,…go over to the gear cog icon at the top right of the screen,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.