Learn about fields that come pre-made with Salesforce, and learn how to add custom fields.
- [Instructor] Salesforce comes with standard…fields and we can add custom fields as well.…Let's have a look at some standard fields on leads.…We're signed in and we're at the home tab.…We'll click on the leads tab,…we'll click on the first lead.…Click Details, here are the standard fields…that address the most common data types.…Let's check out custom fields.…There are over two dozen types of custom fields,…so it's important to select the correct type…for your data.…
Now, we'll add a custom field,…let's go ahead and click on the gear cog icon…on the top right.…We'll click Set Up.…We're going to type object into the quick find.…Then we'll click on Object Manager.…We'll scroll down and we'll click on Lead.…We'll click Fields and Relationships.…Now we'll add a field for the closest…subway station because our sales agents…use public transportation.…
So let's click on New.…I'll add a text area field so the subway…instructions can be posted from my reps.…Select text area, click Next.…I'll call this public transportation,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.