Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing rules, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about sharing rules…to provide record access to users…when your organizations permissions are…more restrictive than public read/write…When permissions are locked-down…so that only the record owner can see…a record, sharing rules opens up…record visibility laterally across teams…such as providing access to managers…on teams other than their own.…We can go ahead and use sharing rules to…make this happen.…And, I'll use sharing rules to open up…record access horizontally across roles…regardless of the position of the user…in the role hierarchy.…
I can use sharing rules to extend access…to roles, public groups, and territories.…Now let's go ahead and sign in.…We need to be at the main page Salesforce…We're starting at the Home tab.…And then head over to the Gear cog icon…and click on that.…Click on Settings.…Now we're in the new tab which is…Setup, and from here we'll go ahead and…put our mouse in the Quick Find…and type in the word sharing.…
Into the Quick Find search tool.…And then select Sharing Settings.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.