Christopher explains different types of sharing within Quip. This includes a discussion about group folders, private folders, and sharing documents with non-Quip users.
- [Instructor] Sharing is deeply integrated into Quip…so that it helps teams move faster.…Quip reinvents how teams communicate.…Let's see how things are shared in Quip.…First let's have a look at folders.…We're in the Folders section,…and you can access this from the Sidebar here.…Group folders are automatically shared…with everyone on your team.…It's a digital meeting room, and there's no privacy there.…Now let's take a look at a private folder.…I'll go ahead and scroll down,…and I'll go to My Documents section,…and then I'll open up my private folder by clicking on it.…
From here we can go ahead and share a document.…So let' open up a document.…I'll go ahead and open up this script right here,…and then up here click on Share.…You can add by name or email.…So I'll go ahead and click on that,…and I'll add one person to the document,…then I'll click Share.…Documents shared with others allow team discussions…in the document conversation here on the left.…If you'd like to hide the document conversation,…click on the Document menu here,…
- What is Quip?
- Setting up a new Quip account
- Producing living documents
- Using Quip to reduce emails and meetings
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Using Markdown to quickly format Quip documents
- Collaborating with Quip
- Using the Quip desktop app and mobile app
- Importing your files and connecting to cloud services