Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up object relationships (lookup and master-detail), part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Salesforce data is organized into objects…which work like tables within a relational database.…Data within two Salesforce objects can relate to each other,…and we can set this up as an object relationship.…There are a couple different kinds.…There are two different primary object relationships,…and they are lookup relationships…and master-detail relationships.…Let's go ahead and take a look at this and see how…it works in practice.…We'll go ahead and start signed in, of course,…And then we're at the Home tab.…
Let's go ahead and click on Accounts.…I have one account in this demonstration organization,…and let's take a peak at this first account.…And you'll see that for this one account,…we have multiple contacts associated with it.…And if we scroll down, we can see…the Related Contacts here and the Related Contacts list.…And then if we click View All we can…see all the contacts that relate to Twilite Makers.…This is a one-to-many lookup relationship…because an account can have many contacts…associated with it.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.