Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Sessions, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about sessions.…The connection a computer has with a remote computer,…such as the Salesforce servers, is considered a session.…Now, a session is a computer networking term…for a semi-permanent interactive information exchange…between two computers,…you computer and Salesforces' computer server.…A session is set up for a period of time…and then it goes away.…When someone logs into Salesforce,…and then, steps away from the computer,…and if that computer is still logged in,…someone else could come along and access the data.…
So, you always must remember to log out of public computers…when you're done using them,…or risk unauthorized access to data, that's common sense.…Now, we'll look at session history…and how to adjust session time-out values.…First of all, we need to be signed in…and we're on the Home tab,…and we'll go ahead and use the gear cog icon…on the top right,…and we'll click on that,…and then, we'll click on Setup.…Now, we'll enter the word, session,…into the Quick Find box here on the left-hand side,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.