Learn how to develop Salesforce search layouts for presenting data search results.
- [Instructor] When folks are trying to find a record…and they're just getting overwhelmed…by the massive number of search results,…they may come to you in frustration…hoping for some answers.…I'll show you the tips to share with them…to make searching easier.…Let's check out some tips.…I'm searching for a company,…and I'll type a few characters…into the search box here at the top of the screen.…And Salesforce provides record suggestions…and we can pick one.…Now let's enter a keyword.…
We'll enter a company name, and press Enter.…Here's the search results page…which includes an account, a file,…and a lead that matched the keyword.…On the left-hand menu we can perfect…our search to just the record types we need.…So first we'll click on Accounts.…We'll just see the accounts that match that search.…Then we'll go ahead and click on Leads,…and we can see the lead, and then we'll click on Files.…You can see how you can filter through.…Now let's do some other searches.…We'll use an asterisk to find records…that match zero or more characters…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.