Learn about the benefits of Lead Scoring within Salesforce. Explore custom Salesforce fields and learn how to set up a custom field to track lead scoring by percent. In addition, learn how to set up of a custom field.
- [Narrator] Marketing professionals are responsible…for qualifying or disqualifying leads,…and the standard Salesforce fields…are great for capturing essential data.…We can enhance our lead life cycle by adding custom fields.…If you need a primer on how to manage custom fields,…please check out our course, Learning Salesforce Admin.…Scoring leads provides an added benefit…and enhances your management of the lead life cycle.…If your sales team is rejecting a high percentage…of the leads that were qualified and approved by marketing,…then a lead score field will improve the nurturing process…and bring more qualified leads across the finish line.…
Let's go ahead and add a custom field…to accomplish this scoring.…First we need to be signed in,…and I'm starting from the Home tab.…Over here on the right hand side,…I'll click on the gear cog icon.…Then I'll click on Setup.…A new tab appears and I'll click on the…Object Manager, right here.…Let's go ahead and scroll down to the lead object,…and we'll click on the Lead Object link here.…
- Explain how to assign a lead to a sales rep.
- Identify the location used to assign an event to a sales rep.
- Summarize the process used to import a list of leads into Salesforce.
- Recognize what is needed in order to receive the full benefits of Salesforce Chatter.
- Determine when to employ lead scoring in Salesforce.
- Recall what information is provided in a Sales Opportunity report.