This video discusses how to discover the training trails, support, and ways to interact with the Salesforce community. Also learn about Salesforce success plans, or support levels, and where to locate the documentation. This video also identifies the incremental value of using apps from the AppExchange, with a focus on those designed for NGOs.
- [Narrator] Salesforce provides extraordinary support for all of their clouds and additions. If you aren't sure where to get started, call Salesforce for a consultation. You'll find the number on the Salesforce website homepage right up here. You can access the support portal at support.salesforce.com. Let's go check it out. For NGOs, the portal is salesforce.org and you'll be using both. The NGO portal is tailored for non-profits and higher education organizations.
And, you'll need resources from this main website too. So, let's check out the help areas. Get Started provides links to resources based on the Salesforce edition you're using, depending on the type of work you'll be doing. The Success Community includes a search engine for quick answers. You can post questions and engage with millions of other Salesforce users, browse the documentation, make suggestions through the idea exchange, link to the app exchange and post a hiring notice.
The Documentation page contains links to the Salesforce PDFs that explain how to use their products and services. Technical Support provides resources for users and admins, plus a way to contact support to discuss your individual matter directly with a Salesforce agent. When I've crossed paths with these agents, they've been knowledgeable and helpful. Billing & Invoicing allows you to view and pay for your Salesforce fees. The Trailhead is a fun place to learn Salesforce for free.
Trails do what they say, leading you down the various paths of learning. The Salesforce Developers library provides what programmers need to go beyond the Salesforce user interface and configure their own apps. Training & Certification can help propel your Salesforce administration career forward by identifying courses and training for admins. Now let's go to salesforce.com/services to check out support plans.
All Salesforce editions come with personal support and you can purchase enhanced support plans depending on the velocity your team needs to travel. Click on Success Plans. Let's scroll down and click Compare Plans. Success Plans is the term Salesforce uses for its support program. Standard support comes with every Salesforce edition. Salesforce is time tested software and extremely reliable. Start with the Standard plan, it's all I've ever needed since I started using Salesforce.
You're not likely to ever experience downtime. Most likely, you'll have questions or need help with customization. Salesforce support is excellent, so reach out to Salesforce anytime you have questions, want to make a purchase or need help implementing or using Salesforce.
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards