- [Gini] This new integration between LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Salesforce is impressive, and incredibly helpful for sales folk. We get two things. First, we get LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce. That's an application that will be installed by our Salesforce admin, and then CRM Sync for Sales Navigator. Some functionality that gets enabled by our LinkedIn Sales Navigator administrator. Hopefully those folks have already done this work for us because after they have we get some amazing power.
First, the app allows us to search LinkedIn directly from Salesforce. It allows us to view LinkedIn information in Salesforce whether we're looking at leads, contacts, accounts, or opportunities. The app also lets us use LinkedIn features that we'd normally go to LinkedIn, or Sales Nav to use. For example, we can send email, find lead recommendations, and view account job changes, and news, and lead updates all without ever leaving Salesforce, and we can also use TeamLink.
If you're working in Sales Navigator in a team or enterprise setting then you know the power of TeamLink to find the best, and quickest connections. All of this just from an application. Now, let's add CRM Sync. CRM Sync imports information from Salesforce back to Sales Navigator that matches open opportunities in Salesforce. So we'll be pulling in our information about Accounts, leads, and contacts, and this functionality, again, will be functionality that is enabled in Sales Navigator by your Sales Navigator administrator.
And if your organization wishes they can also write back information that you enter in Sales Navigator back to Salesforce. These two sync activities actually happen in different ways, and on different schedules. The write backs from Sales Navigator to Salesforce happen on a relatively continuous basis. You create a note, there's a checkbox, and the checkbox says that you're gonna write this back to CRM, and it will end up back in Salesforce in a matter of moments, perhaps minutes.
On the other hand, the import of information coming from Salesforce to Sales Navigator happens first when sync is setup, and after that on a daily basis. Therefore don't expect to see new accounts, or new leads that you create in Salesforce immediately reflected in Sales Navigator. You already have the world's best selling CRM tool in Salesforce. Now you have access through Salesforce, and this integration to the world's largest professional network.
A half a billion users. You'll have richer account, and contact records in Salesforce because of the information being pulled in by the app. You'll be able to validate contacts, and accounts in Salesforce. You'll be able to do your social setting without ever leaving Salesforce. Whether you're a Sales Navigator user who is just beginning with Salesforce, or a Salesforce user who's just beginning with Sales Navigator, or someone who's been using both, or from a desktop product to a browser product to a mobile product there is something in this integration for you.
Something to make your sales life better, and easier. The ability to surface more, and deeper information, and to focus on prospecting, and sales rather than focusing on the tools. Let's get started.
- Installing the app
- Setting up folders and page layouts
- Installing CRM Sync
- Enabling write-back from Sales Navigator
- Finding and viewing leads and contacts
- Viewing accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce