Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Role hierarchy, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Narrator] Let's learn how to manage data visibility…using role hierarchies.…In sales force, your data visibility can be managed…in a number of different ways using different layers…of control.…Working with hierarchies, users can gain visibility…of everyone directly below them…within the role hierarchy tree.…Your company's organizational structure…and your org chart, if you have one,…is a helpful starting point for developing…the role hierarchy.…You should consolidate roles whenever possible.…
If a sales agent should see the exact same data as…a marketing manager, you could combine these two…into the sales and marketing role,…rather than having two separate roles.…As you learn sales force, as you get deeper into it,…you'll understand why this consolidation makes more sense.…Intuitively, it's always best to have less things…to deal with, fewer moving parts.…Now, let's go ahead and see how roles work.…We're going to start here at the home tab.…We have to be signed in, first of all.…
Head over to the gear cog icon on the top right.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.