Learn how to restrict or block a user from logging into Salesforce.
- [Instructor] Protecting your data…and access to that data is critical.…You can limit user access by time of day…and by IP address.…Anyone outside of a trusted network is blocked…and when needed you can limit the time of day…that users are allowed to log in.…Let's see how this works.…We're signed in to Sales Force on the Home tab…and we'll click on the gear cog icon here.…We'll then click setup.…Over here in the Quick Find, we'll type in profiles.…
Then we'll click Profiles.…Now, we'll select the Outside Sales profile.…That's right here.…Now let's scroll all the way down to Login Hours.…Let's click Edit.…Let's set the permissible Login Hours…as 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Pacific time…Monday through Friday.…When we're done, we'll click Save.…
Let's head back down and set the Login IP Ranges.…We'll scroll down…and now we'll click New.…We'll put in our Start IP Address…and we'll put in the Ending IP address.…And we'll describe the IP range.…
Then we'll click Save.…These login hours and IP ranges…are now applied to all users within the user profile…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine V Pereira46m 47s Advanced
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.