- [Instructor] Let's talk about record access…using the role hierarchy.…The role hierarchy is an organization chart…within Sales Force that allows you to…extend data access to your users…based upon their location in that hierarchy,…just like an OR chart.…The role hierarchy opens record access…when the organization-wide record default access…is anything lower than public read, write.…You can configure users within the role hierarchy…to have no access,…so that they have view only access…or the third option is to…open access to view, edit and delete.…
And I'll set up the role hierarchy here in this example…so that users have access to the records they need now.…This is an unlimited topic area,…so you can go on forever with configuration…and this example will help spark some ideas for you.…So we'll switch over to Sales Force.…So you need to be signed in…and we're starting at the home tab.…Head over to the right-hand side…and click on the gear cog icon and then click Setup.…This opens up a new tab in the browser…and then on the left-hand side,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Explain Salesforce editions and cloud types.
- Describe Salesforce Chatter features.
- Outline the Salesforce access permission features.
- Summarize lead functionality in Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce assignment and escalation rules.
- Construct Salesforce objects using relationships and schemas.
- Demonstrate formatting and interactivity in Salesforce reports.
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.