Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Record access, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about record access…using the role hierarchy.…The role hierarchy is an organization chart…within Sales Force that allows you to…extend data access to your users…based upon their location in that hierarchy,…just like an OR chart.…The role hierarchy opens record access…when the organization-wide record default access…is anything lower than public read, write.…You can configure users within the role hierarchy…to have no access,…so that they have view only access…or the third option is to…open access to view, edit and delete.…
And I'll set up the role hierarchy here in this example…so that users have access to the records they need now.…This is an unlimited topic area,…so you can go on forever with configuration…and this example will help spark some ideas for you.…So we'll switch over to Sales Force.…So you need to be signed in…and we're starting at the home tab.…Head over to the right-hand side…and click on the gear cog icon and then click Setup.…This opens up a new tab in the browser…and then on the left-hand side,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.