Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Profiles, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's have a look a user profiles.…Profiles are templates that allow you to set permissions…and settings within your Salesforce organization.…And having these profile templates really…speeds up onboarding for Salesforce users.…We can limit or open up data access with profiles…and assign people to those profiles.…Profiles relate to job functions such as management, sales,…and so forth so let's go ahead and have a look at them.…Now you need to be signed in to your Salesforce account…we're starting at the home tab.…
From here, let's click on the gear cog icon…and then let's click on Setup.…And that opens up a new tab for Setup…and on the left hand side, you'll see the quick find box.…And go ahead and put your mouse in there.…And then we'll type in the keyword profiles…and you'll see that you have the option…to click on Profiles from here.…Now Salesforce comes with pre-made profiles…and we can also edit them but we're going to add a new profile…which is called Outside Sales so let's click New here…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.