- [Instructor] With Sales Nav for Salesforce installed and satisfactorily tested we can now enable CRM sync, for Sales Navigator, and Salesforce. This is gonna take a lot less time to do, and there are some great features in this sync. First, with sync set up, we'll automatically be importing accounts, leads, and contacts into Sales Navigator that are associated with opportunities that are open in Salesforce.
Second, the information you save in Sales Navigator in inmails, messages, and notes, will also be created in Salesforce. And it doesn't matter whether you are creating these in the desktop version of Sales Navigator, or if you are using an app on your droid or your iPad or your iPhone. Let's take a look at the requirements, so that we can be prepared to start. First, as with installing the app, you need a Salesforce administrator account, in a version that supports this level of integration.
Enterprise, performance, unlimited, or developer, or Salesforce professional with the API or application program interface access enabled, will work for the sync. There's a recommendation from LinkedIn that you use a Salesforce generic or integration user account, rather than simply using the administrator account, and the reason for this is, that when items that are created in Sales Navigator are being copied over to Salesforce, the account that looks like those come from will be the account of the user who is signed in to set up the CRM sync.
You need to have an account in LinkedIn, it needs to participate in Sales Navigator, either the team edition or the enterprise edition, professional alone is not enough. And in Sales Navigator, you need an administrator seat to install, and a team member seat in order to test. Finally, there's a guide for this too, and you'll find the CRM sync Salesforce enablement guide on LinkedIn, here's a bit.ly link that will take you directly to the guide. My recommendation is that you download it and print it, and then I'll see you in the next movie.
- Installing the app
- Setting up folders and page layouts
- Installing CRM Sync
- Enabling write-back from Sales Navigator
- Finding and viewing leads and contacts
- Viewing accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce