Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Prepare to enable CRM Sync, part of Salesforce: LinkedIn Sales Navigator Integration.
- [Instructor] With Sales Nav for Salesforce installed and satisfactorily tested, we can now enable CRM Sync for Sales Navigator and Salesforce. This is going to take a lot less time to do. And there are some great features in this sync. First, with sync set up, we'll automatically be importing accounts, leads, and contacts into Sales Navigator, that are associated with opportunities that are open in Salesforce.
Second, the information that you save in Sales Navigator, in InMails, Messages, and Notes, will also be created in Salesforce. And it doesn't matter whether you are creating these in the desktop version of Sales Navigator, or if you are using an app on your Droid or your iPad or your iPhone. Let's take a look at the requirements, so that we can be prepared to start. First, as with installing the app, you need a Salesforce Administrator account in a version, in a version that supports this level of integration.
Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, or Developer, or Salesforce Professional with the API, or application program interface, access enabled, will work for the sync. There's a recommendation from LinkedIn that you use a Salesforce generic or integration user account, rather than simply using the administrator account. And the reason for this is that, when items that are created in Sales Navigator are being copied over to Salesforce, the account that it looks like those come from will be the account of the user who is signed in, to set up the CRM Sync.
And that continues, really, through the other requirements. You need to have an account in LinkedIn, it needs to participate in Sales Navigator, either the Team edition or the Enterprise edition, Professional alone is not enough. And in Sales Navigator, you need an administrator seat to install, and a team member seat, in order to test. Finally, there's a guide for this too. And you'll find the CRM Sync Salesforce Enablement Guide on LinkedIn. Here's a bit.ly link that will take you directly to the guide.
My recommendation is that you download it and print it, and then I'll see you in the next movie.
- Viewing a lead or a contact's Sales Navigator information
- Working with accounts and opportunities
- Viewing synced Sales Navigator data in Salesforce
- Viewing a company profile for an account
- Installing the LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Salesforce app
- Testing the app