- [Instructor] Permission sets open up data access.…The helpful thing about them is that…we can apply one or multiple permission sets…to each user, while the user can only have a single profile.…It's a way to rapidly add and remove…sets of system permissions within Salesforce.…You might want to elevate a person to a new position,…such as an executive assistant,…without editing their profile directly.…So let's go ahead and see how this might work.…We'll need to be signed in.…
And we're starting from the home tab.…And then from here, go ahead and click on…the gear cog icon on the top right.…And then you should click setup.…That launches a new tab for setup.…And then on the left hand side,…you'll see the quick find and go ahead and put your mouse…into the quick find box and type the word permission.…And then go ahead and click on permission sets.…And from here, we can manage permission sets.…So we'll go ahead and click new.…And we'll add a new permission set here,…so we'll just click new from the list of permission sets,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Explain Salesforce editions and cloud types.
- Describe Salesforce Chatter features.
- Outline the Salesforce access permission features.
- Summarize lead functionality in Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce assignment and escalation rules.
- Construct Salesforce objects using relationships and schemas.
- Demonstrate formatting and interactivity in Salesforce reports.
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.