Learn how to set up permission sets within Salesforce to open up data access for users.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about permission sets.…Permission sets are used to open data access for users…and while there's a one-to-one relationship…between a user and a profile,…users can have multiple permission sets…that will open up data access in more ways.…Perhaps a trusted volunteer or assistant…should have equal visibility to the leadership team's data,…a permission set could make that a reality.…Let's see permission sets in action.…We'll need to be signed in…and we're starting at the home tab…then let's go over and click on the gear cog icon…and we'll click on Setup.…
Now over here on the Quick Find,…let's type in permission…and let's click on Permission Sets…then we'll go ahead and click on New…to set up a new permission set.…We'll call this leadership admin.…A unique name auto populates.…We can optionally give it a description if we'd like.…While we can limit this permission set to specific profiles,…we don't want to and we'll leave the license as none…which allows us to add users…from any license type to the set.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Salesforce
3. Working with Data
4. Tools for Success
5. Measuring Success
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.