Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Password policies, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about password policies…and how to adjust your team's password requirements…to strike balance between convenience and security.…We'll cover understanding your account settings…for password policies in this movie…and we'll go ahead and start being signed in of course…and then we're on the home tab.…Over here on the right-hand side,…let's click on the gear cog icon and we'll click setup.…Now on the left-hand side,…we'll type into quick find…the keyword that we're looking for…which is going to be password…and then you'll see the option for password policies.…
Let's click on that.…In this pull down,…we allow the user to have a specific amount of time…to maintain the same password.…So we can change that…and enforce the change of a password if we'd like.…Here we can go ahead and enforce password history.…This feature determines how frequently…a user can recycle a previously used password.…
In this next box,…we go ahead and set the minimum length…the password has to have…and that's what the system requires.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.