Learn about the essentials of developing appropriate Salesforce password policies.
- [Man] Let's talk about password policies…and how to adjust your team's password requirements…to strike a balance between convenience and security.…We'll cover understanding your account settings…for password policies in this video.…First we'll need to be signed in…and starting from the home tab,…we'll click on the gear cog icon here on the top right.…And then we'll click Set Up.…We'll type password in the quick find.…Then we'll click on Password Policies.…And then let's go through the password policies' sections.…
This first pull-down determines the length…of time we'll let a user maintain the same password.…Here we can enforce password history,…this determines the number of times…a user can recycle a previously used password.…This next section controls the minimum password…length the system requires.…Here is the Salesforce password complexity requirement.…This option prevents users from typing…their password into the password hint section,…which would reveal it to anyone trying…to access the password page.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.