Learn how to set up opportunities in Salesforce to track potential deals.
- [Narrator] The Opportunities object within Salesforce…allows teams to maintain a list of business opportunities…that can be prioritized and reported on.…Salesforce cross-references to accounts,…contacts, and other Salesforce objects.…In your organization's account,…you can track opportunities to maintain visibility…of deals in motion, as well as closed deals.…An opportunity is typically associated…with both a contact and the contact's account.…As with most object data,…opportunities interact with other objects.…
You can add an opportunity directly on a contact or account…and you can also add them from the opportunities tab.…Let's see how this is done.…We'll need to be signed in…and we're starting from the home tab right now.…And at this point we're going to go ahead…and click on the accounts tab right here.…Then we'll select an account.…We'll go ahead and select this account right here.…And here you can see the opportunities section.…To add an opportunity let's click new.…
Now let's go ahead and give this opportunity a name.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.