Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Object access, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Data within Salesforce is stored…in what Salesforce calls objects…and if you're a database person,…you can think of an object as a database table.…Salesforce comes with a bunch of standard objects,…such as leads, accounts, and contacts…and there's also other types of objects…that store data within the system.…Custom data objects can be created too.…You can make custom objects to store different kinds…of data that aren't supported by standard objects.…In most teams,…data should only be accessible to individuals…who really need it.…
For example,…a sales team person should only see sales-related data.…Salesforce allows the object permissions…to be managed at the profile level.…Profiles provide the fundamental access…that users have to data objects in Salesforce…and those records that are in those objects,…which are permissions such as creating, reading, editing,…and then deleting.…Profiles also control user access to apps, tabs,…and system settings and if you give people too much access…and they make a mistake…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce for Sales Managerswith Christine Volden46m 47s Advanced
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden53m 30s Intermediate
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.