Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Network access, part of Learning Salesforce Admin.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about Salesforce Network Security.…Salesforce administrators can enter a list of trusted…IP ranges for specific security purposes…and that's to reduce the eventuality of unauthorized access…to an organization's Salesforce data.…By default, a Salesforce organization does not restrict…the locations from which users can log in…so adding this restriction layer is something…you'll need to do if you want to do it.…For expanded security,…you can add a range of trusted IP addresses…for organizational use.…
These include all of the known locations…users regularly utilize…for accessing the organization's data.…Plus when the users are in a hotel or remote location,…they can just do a Google search…and let me explain to you how to do that Google Search.…I'll give you a quick demo.…Users can search something very simple…like the phrase my IP in Google…to find their IP address…and it'll show up immediately…at the top of the search results.…With the IP address in hand,…they can convey that current IP address to the administrator…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Intermediate
Salesforce: Einstein Analyticswith Christine Volden Pereira53m 30s Intermediate
Learning Salesforce.com Developmentwith Duard Lynn Davis1h 46m Intermediate
Learning Salesforce CPQwith Christine Volden Pereira27m 45s Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.