Learn how a large number of records are deleted at once via the Salesforce mass delete tool.
- [Instructor] When old data is no longer relevant…Salesforce allows for the mass deleting of records.…This is time saving since deleting individual records…is tedious and unnecessary.…Let's see how this works.…We'll need to be signed in to Salesforce…and we'll be on our home tab in the Salesforce account.…Up here on the right hand side, let's click on…the gear cog icon.…Then we'll click on set up.…Then we'll head over to the quick find box.…And we'll type the word mass in the quick find.…
Now let's go ahead and click mass delete records.…Salesforce allows for the mass deleting…of all these different object record types.…We're going to be working with mass deleting…of leads, so I'll select that.…And we'll be deleting all the unqualified leads…from our Salesforce account.…So let's filter by leads…that match the unqualified status.…First, we'll pull this menu down.…We'll find the field name.…Lead status.…We'll use this pull down to select equals.…
And then we'll type the word unqualified in the box.…Now we'll scroll down.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Planning a transition to Salesforce
- Administering user accounts
- Managing permissions
- Capturing and converting leads
- Customizing views
- Setting up opportunities
- Creating campaigns
- Customizing fields and pages
- Customizing apps
- Building and sharing reports
- Importing data
- Batch processing data
- Enforcing data security with auditing and policies
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Prepared
2. Users and Data Visibility
3. Working with Salesforce
4. Customizing, Branding, and Social
Search layouts4m 59s
6. Data Management
7. Data Security
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.