Learn about maps and how to use them to organize your data. Explore how to use lists and sets and learn how they are different.
- [Instructor] Okay, we just finished talking about…our triggers and bulkification of triggers.…And we bulkify the triggers in order to be able to handle…two or more records.…And so as you're writing that code, right,…you need to assume two, but it could be a thousand.…It could be 2,000.…And in order to deal with larger groups of data,…you're going to have to understand maps, lists, and sets.…Maps, basically a key-value pair.…You've go a key there, allows you to look up this value…that you can use.…Maps can be nested.…
You can have a map with a key, just what you see here,…with a map with a key with a value.…And you can do three, four, five, six levels of nesting.…Keep in mind what you want to do is use maps…to organize the data so that you can manipulate it later…to accomplish the changes you're trying to make.…Lists are a basic ordered collection of elements.…The key usage usually for lists is…you can add records to lists,…and then you can do an insert of that list.…Keep in mind, let's say you've got a thousand records…
AuthorDuard Lynn Davis
- How Apex works
- Bulkification and triggers
- Systematically debugging your code
- Sets, lists, and maps
- Trigger and trigger handlers
- Batch Apex
- Debugging and logging
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Environment
2. Sets, Lists, and Maps
3. Trigger and Trigger Handlers
4. Batch Apex
5. Debugging and Logging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.