This video explains the basics of setting up and managing users within Salesforce.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll talk about…managing users, which includes a brief discussion…of role hierarchies and adding new users into the account.…First, we'll need to be signed in,…and we're starting on the Home tab.…Then let's go ahead and click on the gear cog icon here,…we'll slick Setup, and on the left-hand side…we'll see the quick find box.…We use the quick find and type in the word roles.…And then we'll click on Roles.…The initial view provides a brief overview…of how roles work within a SalesForce account.…First, we'll add the president.…
Let's click Set Up Roles.…Then we'll click Add Role, and in the label,…we'll type in President.…After filling in the label,…the role name auto-populates automatically.…The role name, like many fields you'll be asked to complete,…is often pre-filled for you,…and although it is changeable,…let's keep the suggested name.…This next box is the role name as it displays on reports.…If this should be different than the label,…you can enter that here, but we'll leave it blank,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
- Getting team buy-in
- Registering your account
- Working with users and permissions
- Using calendars
- Managing leads and contacts
- Tracking affiliations and relationships
- Recording activities
- Importing records
- Using collaboration tools such as Chatter and email templates
- Measuring and improving success with reports and dashboards
Skill Level Beginner
Salesforce for Customer Servicewith Christine V Pereira50m 43s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Salesforce
3. Working with Data
4. Tools for Success
5. Measuring Success
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.